Competition Terms and Conditions
The Shire’s ‘Week of Love’ Guessing Competition1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of NSW, Australia. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. If a prize winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian on their behalf.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
5. Promotion commences at 06:30am 13/2/17 and closes at 06:30am 20/2/17. Daily promotions commence at the time of post and are open for 24 hours only. Entries submitted after this time will not be eligible.
6. To enter, individuals must correctly guess the restaurant the poem is about and tell us in 25 words or less the ‘friend’ you’d like to take and why. By commenting you accept these terms and conditions
7. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person per day.
9. The draw made from all eligible entrants will take place at Shire Tourism, 4-20 Eton Street Sutherland NSW 2232 on 01/03/2020. The winner will be notified within one week of the draw, using the competition post and directly messaging through the entrant’s personal profile used for their entry. The prize will be mailed to the address of the winner once provided.
10. One entry per day from 14/02/17 – 18/02/17 inclusive will be chosen from all eligible entries and will receive a $100 voucher to spend at the relevant participating restaurant for that day. Total prize valued at $100.
11. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
12. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
13. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
14. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 15/03/17 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any unclaimed prize. Any winner from this draw will be notified by email within two working days of the draw.
15. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
16. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
17. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. By entering this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter and Partners involved in this promotion. The Promoter and Partners may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services, including contacting entrants via any contact details provided by the entrant without further reference or compensation to the entrant, for an indefinite period or until the entrant opts out from any Partner involved with this Promotion.
20. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice.
21. By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s, or its Partner’s, other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
22. The Promoter is Shire Tourism (business unit of Sutherland Shire Council) ABN 52018204808 4-20 Eton Street Sutherland NSW 2232, telephone (02) 9710 0333