CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Sutherland Shire Council is inviting expressions of interest from experienced writers to become a regular blogger for visittheshire.com.au and shirebusiness.com.au. You will write articles about the Shire for visitors and locals. Broad topics include (but are not limited to):
• Holidays with kids
• Things to see and do
• Places to eat and drink
• Events and entertainment
• Doing business and interview pieces
If you are passionate about the Shire and are a confident writer/blogger we encourage you to apply. Please respond to the four questions and refer to the terms and conditions below.
What you need to know
1. Articles must be original and no longer than 1,000 words
2. You need to provide at least one image relating to the topic (without copyright issues)
3. All material must be provided on time as agreed
4. Material will be uploaded to visittheshire.com.au by Council staff and may be edited
5. Articles will feature on visittheshire.com.au with distribution via EDM’s and social media channels
6. All articles will link to an author page with a short bio and photograph
What we need to know
1. Do you have any relevant experience? If so, please attach (or link to) a sample of your work.
2. Do you have knowledge and/or a passion relating to a particular area that may be of interest to visitors? For example, family and kids; outdoor adventures; food; art; fishing; surfing; doing business; economics.
3. What is your availability and preference to write articles – weekly, monthly or quarterly?
4. What do you charge? Please submit a quotation with your EOI that allows for the following:
• One original article no longer than 1,000 words
• Exclusivity for the first week of distribution
• At least one relevant image to accompany the article (without copyright issues)
Are you a student? We encourage relevant students to register interest. Email us your name, the course you’re studying and why you would like to be a blogger for visittheshire.com.au. Please refer to Sutherland Shire Council’s website here for more information about work experience.
Apply by Wednesday 31 May
Email your expression of interest together with your quotation to [email protected].
For more information please phone Council’s Business & Tourism team on 9710 0892.
Terms & Conditions of the Agreement
1. Work to be performed: The topic will be agreed upon prior to material deadline. The Writer will then write and submit one blog article with at least one image relating to the topic to Sutherland Shire Council. Council reserves the right to edit and abridge as necessary. The blog article will be published on visittheshire.com.au and distributed to subscribers via a monthly enewsletter.
2. Compensation: Sutherland Shire Council agrees to pay an agreed fee for the blog article and image(s). Council has sole discretion to decide which article/s and photograph/s submitted by the Writer is/are to be published. The Writer will invoice Council each month after proofing. In the event that Council decides not to publish the agreed article as scheduled, it will pay the Writer the agreed fee. Council will not pay the agreed fee if the article is not published because there was a conflict of interest or the article was deemed to be false, misleading, dishonest or not original.
3. Original Content: The Writer warrants that the work is original, accurate, and does not infringe on any copyright.
4. Copyright: The writer retains the copyright to the specified work but grants to Sutherland Shire Council exclusivity for one week after publishing.
5. Conflicts of Interest: The Writer will declare any conflicts of interest prior to agreeing a topic, ie also an owner of a restaurant. The Writer represents that they are free to enter into this Agreement and that this engagement does not violate the terms of any agreement between the Writer and any third party. During the term of this agreement, the Writer is expressly free to perform services for other parties while performing services for Shire Tourism. Shire Tourism is also free to engage several Writers.
6. Insurance: The Freelance Writer will carry liability insurance relative to any service that they perform for Sutherland Shire Council.